Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Horchatas

Please tell me that you have ordered a Horchata when you went to a Mexican Restaurant? I order a Horchata basically every time I go to a Mexican restaurant. Well I got online and found a recipe and made this Horchata.


It was pretty easy, but took a long time. You put 1 cup of uncooked long grain rice in a blender with 5 cups of water, and blend it for 1-2 minutes. You then let it soak for 3-6 hours. I prefer 6 hours. It turns the water really white. Then you strain the rice out, and add milk, vanilla, almond extract, cinnamon and sugar to the rice-soaked water and blend. It was delicious. And I made enchiladas on the side.

Oh, and don't forget about Valentines. Tyler brought me some roses, and Chocolate covered strawberries. Yum.

5 comments:

Annalee and Buck said...

I love horchata! I get it every time we go to mexican places, and homemade horchata is the best! My sister in law makes it and I love it. Cute roses and strawberries :)

Mower Family said...

You always have the funniest ideas in the kitchen! ( that's what she says!) Ha ha

Mower Family said...

ha ha, what is even funnier is that is supposed to mean as in the best ideas in the kitchen, not the funniest! Like fun-ist, but I can't figure out or find how to spell that so I am totally a special ed student! ha ha

michael. mindy. dane. said...

You know chocolate covered strawberries are my favorite. Thanks for sharing. Why don't you just buy the horchata packet at the store so that it only takes 5 seconds to make instead of 5 days. Dude. Duh.

The Taylors said...

I hope you guys are good. You should go on a cruise. You would love it. Have fun...