Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hawaii shoes...


I went to Hawaii when I was in the first grade... So I was like 7 right? I got this exact pair of shoes probably in a size 2 or something. Well being 7, little did I know that I would need a size 8 for later in life. Probably about 5 pairs of them to last me for a few years. By that time, I would have someone I knew going to Hawaii so I could have them get me a pair. They were my favorite shoes then, but I grew out of them and who knows where they went??? Well sometimes I will see these shoes at random stores. For example, The Quilted Bear. But there is always something wrong with them that persuade me not to buy them. The Quilted Bear ones had the melted seam right down the middle of the straps. That's not going to work. And they can't be black either. They have to be the weird brown colored ones. Hawaii makes the best ones. My sister-in-law Laura has a pair, which made me remember how much I like them. Then I borrowed her shoes for a day. And now I NEED a pair.
Well, I HAVE BEEN SAVED. Jessie, Tyler's little sister moved out to Hawaii to go to school. So... I guess you can say I reminded her around 10 times to not forget to get me some Hawaii shoes while she is out there. So basically, my wish has been fulfilled.

1 comment:

michael. mindy. dane. said...

I really love when you post. It makes my day a little brighter. you should do it more often. oh. and totally cut your hair. don't be a wuss. actually, i am a wuss so i am trying to live my hair-cutting-dream through you. so do it.