Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas

Tyler and I didn't have to work on Christmas Eve or Christmas so we had an awesome break. We stayed at Tyler's house on Christmas Eve. We woke up and opened presents. Tyler chose his own gift. He got a Nixon Watch. Unfortunately it didn't come until until the day after Christmas so he didn't have it for Christmas. Tyler was so sweet. I had no idea what he got me. It was Christian Audigier Perfume. I told him I wanted perfume so he went to Dillards and smelled all the perfumes until he found the one he liked. He said he had a headache from smelling them.
When he was trying to pick out a perfume he said the sales girl kept trying to get him to buy this Jessica Simpson perfume. He kept telling her no. She asked why. Tyler said, "First of all, I don't think it smells very good, and second, my wife would never wear something that was Jessica Simpson." The lady said, "Well you need to tell your wife to grow up."
It makes me laugh to know that someone would get offended that I wouldn't wear Jessica Simpson perfume. Jessica Simpson is dumb. It's funny that Tyler knows me so well that he would know what I would or wouldn't wear. I wouldn't wear JLo either. What is up with these celebrities trying to make his or her own clothing line and perfumes? That's totally lame. They're not even real designers.
Tyler also gave me some flats, some boots, and some Uggs. But I knew what those were.

Here is Adam, Tyler's older brother. This picture has kind of a bad glare. Adam got all kinds of cool coats for Christmas, and a really great knitted scarf.

Here is Jess, Alyssa and Spencey.

Here is Tyler. Check out the cool wrapping paper. It's The Christmas Story. By the way, underneath the wrapping paper is a shop vac. Pretty cool if you ask me.

After we opened presents and had breakfast we headed over to my parents house. We got there and Rusty callled about 15 minutes later. I'm so glad we got there when we did. It was great to talk to Rusty. Only 6 months until he is home! Oh how I can't wait. I had my marshmallow gun ready so when my brother Fred came in I could shoot him. It was awesome. After our phone call with Rusty we had a marshmallow fight with the guns. It was so fun! My mom said that they were picking up marshmallows everywhere you could possibly think after Christmas.

Here is Clint and Fred. Clint is in the process of creating the ultimate marshmallow shooter. He has been researching parts. He wants to make one with CO2. If he does, I don't want to be on the opposing team. He is a mechanical engineer so I would expect nothing less.

Here's Ty and Aiden playing with mini remote control cars.


We ate the best Christmas dinner. Potatoes & gravy, Turkey, stuffing, and some other stuff. I LOVE when my mom makes homemade stuffing. Seriously. She is the stuffing queen. It's amazing. I guess it was kind of like Thanksgiving.
The next morning Ronda made German Pancakes. I have never had German pancakes but they are absolutely amazing. I came home and found a recipe for them online so I could make them. I highly suggest. We tried to go snowmobiling, and tubing but something was wrong with the snowmobile. While Marty was trying to fix the snowmobile we entertained ourselves.
Here is Tyler doing a front flip off the propane tank and landing in a tube. He did it like four times. It was so funny.



2 comments:

michael. mindy. dane. said...

Where have you been? I have been eating those things since before I could walk. Only we call them hoot-n-annies. Way cooler name.

I can't believe you got Uggs. I'm glad you didn't get fake boots. That's lame. My Uggs are in the mail. I ordered them last week. They better be sweet.

michael. mindy. dane. said...

Are you telling me you did go fake? Dude. That's way embarrassing. I got the classic cardy ones too. I guess we'll be twins. Mine are gray. Hopefully they're sweet action.

My baby already loves The Office. Psshh. Did I even tell you that Santa brought me a Dwight bobblehead? Believe it. It's sitting on my desk right this second. It's basically teh coolest thing in my classroom.