Wednesday, June 22, 2011

And so it is...



I have become a huge believer that everything happens for a reason. This is a lot harder to believe when the challenges in life come. But I have come to truly believe if you pay your tithing and attend your church meetings, you have nothing to worry about. You put your life in the Lord's hands and live day by day. Everything will work out. This doesn't mean that you won't have trials or challenges in your life, because you will. Ever since I realized this, my life has really fell into place, I have gone in a good direction.


It all started with a decision I made to switch into a different department at work. This was a big decision because I had worked nearly four years in my previous department. It was where I was comfortable. Sometimes I will have a bad day and feel negative... But then I remember that I moved for a reason. Because that was suppose to happen in my life. It was what was the best thing for me. Since moving, I have made really good friends with my new co-workers! There is a girl in my department named Hillary I have came to be really good friends with. She really doesn't know how cool she is. I know it sounds creepy, or weird, but we were instantly friends. We have so much in common. Our personalities are very similar. We laugh a lot together at work, but then we bounce serious ideas off each other too. She's the bomb.com. I saw this job as a blessing in disguise. Since Tyler was going to Snow College, it was kind of hard for me to Commute. Especially in the winter on icy roads. I would get so scared, plus I did slide off the road once and also had several more close calls. I looked around for jobs a little bit so I didn't have to commute, but nothing ever worked out. It was really frustrating at the time, but now I completely understand why it didn't work out. Tyler was also able to get a job in Provo a month ago, so we are able to commute together. We are now moving back to Utah County with great jobs! Probably this weekend!

When Tyler and I were recently apartment shopping since we wanted to move back to Utah County, we went to probably 10-12 different places plus we called on a lot too! There was always a reason that it didn't work for us. We decided to be patient and just see what happens. Tyler's Grandma called him and asked him if we would like to live in their house while they were living in Montana. All though it was frustrating going into apartment after apartment, it happened for a reason.

I have been so much happier in my life since I have learned patience. I can't say that I am the most patient person in the world, because I'm not. I struggle with patience. Everything always works out in the end. Yes, it's frustrating and discouraging at times, but it will get better. Sometimes you'll get something better than expected to begin with. It is just so easy to be negative. Sometimes I have to give myself pep talks and tell myself things really aren't as bad as they seem. Things really could be a lot worse. I am actually extremely blessed. Things in my life are really good! I really couldn't ask for a better husband, family or friends.


I know this is kind of cheesy, but I ran across this on someone else's blog and really liked it.


Everything Happens for a reason



Sometimes people come into your life and you know right away that they were meant to be there, to serve some sort of purpose, teach you a lesson, or to help you figure out who you are or who you want to become.


You never know who these people may be, your neighbor, your coworker, a long lost friend, or a complete stranger. When you lock eyes with them, you know at that very moment they will affect your life in some profound way.


Sometimes things happen to you that may seem horrible, painful, and unfair at first, but in reflection you find that without overcoming those obstacles you would have never realized your potential, strength, willpower, or heart.


Everything happens for a reason. Nothing happens by chance or by means of good luck.


Illness, injury, love, lost moments of true greatness, and sheer stupidity all occur to test the limits of your soul. Without these small tests, whatever they may be, life would be like a smoothly paved,straight, flat road to nowhere. It would be safe and comfortable, but dull and utterly pointless.


The people you meet who affect your life, and the success and downfalls you experience, help to create who you are and who you become.
Even the bad experiences can be learned from. In fact, they are probably the most poignant and important ones.
If someone hurts you, betrays you, or breaks your heart, forgive them, for they have helped you learn about trust and the importance of being cautious when you open your heart. If someone loves you, love them back unconditionally, not only because they love you, but because in a way, they are teaching you to love and how to open your heart and eyes to things.


Make every day count. Appreciate every moment and take from those moments everything that you possibly can for you may never be able to experience it again. Talk to people that you have never talked to before, and actually listen.
Let yourself fall in love, break free, and set your sights high. Hold your head up because you have every right to. Tell yourself you are a great individual and believe in yourself, for if you don't believe in yourself, it will be hard for others to believe in you.


You can make of your life anything you wish. Create your own life and then go out and live it with absolutely no regrets.


Most importantly if you Love someone tell him or her, for you never know what tomorrow may have in store.
Learn a lesson in life each day that you live. That's the story of Life.


3 comments:

Hillary said...

Mandy,
Good post! Yes, it was bit serious, but you totally made me appreciate everything I do have. As my dad would say "There are kids in Africa who have less than you, so be grateful."
I am glad you work with me, too! You make things more enjoyable for me. It's nice to have friends at work. You are thebomb.com. As cheesy as this sounds, I know I was suppose to take this job so we could become friends. You are the best!

The Christensen's said...

Mandy i needed this post, it's like that talk in sacrament that you hear and say "I needed this" well since I'm not with you in church on Sundays I guess blogging will have to do!

I've been so frustrated with not finding a job out here! I feel like I am sucking all the money from Jordan and not doing a thing! So this blog on patience really helps me out a lot, thanks Mandy. You're amazing and I'm so glad we're sisters! I can't wait to come visit you when you are all moved in!!!

michael. mindy. dane. said...

dude. even though you dogged on the friendship, thanks for this post. i seriously needed it. we had a crappy thing happen to us just this week, adn i needed to read this. i was being ornery about it and how it wasn't fair and asking why and everything, but you're right. everything does happen for a reason. thanks for the reminder.

and dude. yeah. michael is still fighting fires. summers off rock my socks. but it sucks that michael is gone a lot. but he comes home adn then we have lots of time to hang. and you might as well call in sick and come to 7 peaks with me. all the cool kids do it.