Friday, June 24, 2011

Candy, Candy, Candy + Running

Sometimes I wonder, if I were desparate enough for sugar and there was no candy in the house, would I eat a spoonful of sugar? I love candy so much. Too much. I think about it daily. I always go to the same gas station everytime we need gas.. Why you ask? It's not because of the smokin deal on gas. It's because of the rockin candy selection. Mini Big hunks, sugar daddies, Chick-o- sticks, laffy taffys and charleston chews. mmmmmmmmm..... All on my top 10 favorite candy.






Why do I love candy so much? I try to tell myself every morning, "you can't have any candy today, you have to be good." Does it ever work? No. I need some serious help. I am an addict.

I need to be healthier. I have started running, but not as much as I would like to. There is just something about running that I love. I love having my music blaring in my ears and how good you feel after running. Plus it makes it so easy to lose weight! Don't get me wrong. I'm not an amazing runner. I hope to run a marathon sometime in my life though! My brother Fred ran the 2010 St George Marathon. You can read about his awesome experience here. It's pretty funny! I was so impressed that he ran the whole thing because he didn't really have a long time to train and he wasn't actively running long before the marathon. Last week when I was at my parents running on their treadmill my arches and ankles started hurting really bad. I had to stop running. My arches and ankles hurt every time I run. It doesn't matter what shoes I wear. Once this Drug rep told me that he runs barefoot because it is more natural for your feet to fall. Apparently by running on the balls of your feet or the middle of the feet it avoids more forceful impacts. He runs marathons barefoot. Now I'm not that hardcore, but I did run in my socks on the treadmill. I was able to run a lot farther! It did hurt my middle toes, almost to a blister stage, but it didn't hurt my arches or my ankles! I think I want to get some of those finger finger shoes. They are suppose to be similar to running barefoot. Has anyone tried them? I know they look kind of funky, but if I can run without my arches and ankles hurting, that would be great. I was suppose to run in a 5k tomorrow but we're moving. Maybe next time.






3 comments:

Hillary said...

I'm so glad you and I like the same candy. We can be addicts together. If you get those shoes, I expect you to wear them to work at least once.

The Christensen's said...

Mandy. I have the best idea of my life for you. I haven't been running for a while, BUT there is a half marathon in Cedar City and I need a running partner...it's September 17th...you in?

The Christensen's said...

The Halloween half might be better for training and everything, cause the other one is only 11 weeks away...I suck at running in the cold though!!! But it will be fun :)